Sunday, October 7, 2007

The Glass Castle Pt. 3 sec. 2

One of the strengths of the book is that it is very non-biased. I think that it is important the Jeannette doesn't look back and write her memoir with hatred towards her father. I really like that each memory is written with the emphasis on the connection between her and her father at that moment. One of the weaknesses of the book is that she leaves some topics very broad. She starts out the chapter with a story that goes very in depth, but then ends the chapter with only a brief view of the conclusion of that story. That really bothers me. I have had pretty strong feelings towards the topics and issues brought up in this memoir. When she mentions the nights that he father came home in a drunken rage i have a very negative feel towards her father and i feel sorry that she was raised with that. This memoir doesn't really relate to my life, but it does relate to real life. I have a prediction that her father does not keep his "present" to Jeannie and stays an alcoholic.

No comments: